Types of Personal Data Collected
As part of its day-to-day activities, ST Property may collect from you Personal Data through various means, including:
- When you leave your contact details with us after attending our marketing events such as roadshows and seminars;
- When you visit our showflats or open houses and leave behind your contact details or express an interest to preview a unit;
- When you wish to book a unit at our new property launch;
- When you interact with our associates or agents, e.g. via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings, or email;
- When you respond to some of our marketing collaterals e.g. advertisements, brochures, flyers;
- When you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
- When you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and agents;
- When you engage us, our associates or agents to help source for or transact the sale or purchase of a property (private or HDB);
- When you engage our associates or agents to look for and transact a rental property (private or HDB);
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them; and
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
The type of Personal Data that we collect from you may include your:
- NRIC/FIN/Passport Number
- Date of Birth/Age
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Household members
- Household/Personal Income
- Credit card information
- Tax returns
- CPF information
- Employment pass/Work permit
Note that some of the Personal Data we collect are required by the HDB or other government agencies to check your eligibility to purchase a HDB flat or executive condo.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
Purpose of Collection of Personal Data
The Personal Data mentioned in Paragraph 3.2 above is collected for the purposes of:
- Keeping clients informed of new property launches or existing property for sale or rent;
- Following up on client’s expression of interest to purchase or rent a property;
- Checking with HDB or government agencies on client’s eligibility to purchase a new HDB flat or executive condo;
- Servicing a client’s application to book a unit at a new property launch;
- Processing and completing a sale/resale or rental transaction;
- Performing valuation of property (using anonymised data); and
- Conducting market research and analysis (using anonymised data).
In addition, ST Property collects your Personal Data if you submit an application to us as a candidate for an employment or for an associate’s or agent’s position:
- Processing your application including pre-recruitment checks, such as in relation to your qualifications and work experience;
- Providing or obtaining employee references and for background screening/vetting;
- Collecting information about your suitability for the position applied for;
- Seeking CEA’s approval (for associates or agents);
- Communicating with you as required by ST Property to comply with its policies and processes, including for business continuity purposes; or
- Any other purposes relating to the aforesaid.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Without derogating from any of the above, we may also disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties:
- Insurers (for group insurance)
- Regulators and law enforcement officials
- Government agencies (HDB, CPF)
- Industry associations (CEA)
- Third party service providers and consultants
- Credit, debit and charge card companies, banks and other entities processing payment
- Any agent acting on ST Property’s behalf for the provision of ST Property’s services.
- ERA Realty Network Pte Ltd (Our respective agency)
ST Property may also disclose your Personal Data to the above-mentioned parties in the occurrence of any of the following events:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights;
- To third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf;
- With your consent; or
- For the purposes of disaster recovery.
Under certain circumstances, telephone calls made to us on our service hotlines and/or inquiry telephone numbers are recorded for the purposes of quality control, appraisal, as well as staff management and development. In such an event, by agreeing to this Policy, you hereby give your clear and unambiguous consent for the collection, use and disclosure of such Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.